Before Your Surgery or Procedure
Sometime before your procedure date, a staff member from this facility will attempt to call you to confirm your appointment time. If you can't be reached by phone, please be sure to call the center no later than the day before surgery. They will also ask questions regarding your current or past medical conditions, allergies, and medications. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and be sure to let the staff know of any special needs.
- Your doctor or the facility's nurse will instruct you as to what time you are to stop eating and drinking prior to your procedure.
- If you take medication for any condition, ask your doctor and/or the facility's nurse whether or not to take it the day of your procedure.
- For women, if there is any possibility you are pregnant, please notify your doctor and the facility's nurse. If you are childbearing age you will be required to take a pregnancy test.
- Leave all valuables at home, including watches, rings, jewelry, and wallets.
- Notify your physician of any change in your health, such as a cold, fever or sore throat.
- For your safety, please arrange for an adult to stay at the facility the entire time you are here and to drive you home after surgery. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home. You will not be registered if your driver is not here at your time of arrival.
- Arrival times are set an hour before your scheduled procedure time. However, these times are approximate and delays do happen for various reasons.
- Bringing some form of entertainment ie. Book, IPad, IPod (WiFi is provided) is a helpful distraction for you and your family if the facility or doctor is running behind. You will be brought back to the pre-op area to be prepared for your procedure. When it is time for your surgery, you will be transported by bed back to the operating room.
Please click the links below to get specific pre-op, surgery and post-op instructions: