In the Recovery Area
You will begin your recovery in our post-operative area. Although the times may vary, most patients are discharged from the facility within 30-45 minutes after the completion of their procedure.
During this time:
- Your nurse will monitor your vital signs.
- Your physician will meet with you and/or your family to discuss the procedure and to answer any questions.
- At discharge your nurse will review the at home care instructions with you and/or your family.
It is our goal to keep you as comfortable as possible during your stay, and to prepare you and your family to be able to complete the recovery process in the comfort of your own home.
Recovery at Home
- You may experience some discomfort after your procedure. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness, depending on the kind of anesthesia you received. In the event of any difficulty, please call our facility or your physician.
- For the first 24 hours following surgery, do not engage in strenuous activities, drink alcoholic beverages, make any critical decisions, or attempt to drive.
- A nurse from the facility will attempt to follow up with you within a day or two after your procedure.
- Contact your physician if you develop signs/symptoms of infection. These include:
- Redness, pain, heat or swelling at the procedure site.
- Drainage from the procedure site that is yellow or green.
- Fever or not feeling well.
You will be asked to complete a questionnaire about the care you received. Your comments will enable us to continue to improve our services.
Please click the links below to get specific pre-op, surgery and post-op instructions: